RAISESEE PROJECT: SECOND INTERNSHIP IN 2019 FOR GUESTS FROM ESTONIA KRISTI KOITLA
The second young RAISESEE intern, Kristi Koitla, was hosted at SP Chemistry from 24.11. - 01.12.2019. Kristi Koitla is also, like the previous intern Andres Sakk, a high school graduate from Tallinn, Estonia, and a 2019 RAISESEE PRIZE laureate. This award will be given over the next 2 years each year to 10 high school students from all over Europe competing with their essays and ideas in the field of natural resources. The program for Kristi's internship was as follows:
- Visit to the paper industry "Celex HSP", Banja Luka
- Visit to the “Bentoproduct”, bentonite processing plant in Šipovo, together with the high school students of Banja Luka Secondary School of Technology.
- Two-day participation in the Science Festival (presentation of a collection of local minerals with students and teachers of SP chemistry, and demonstration of popular science experiments on metal elements)
- Measurements of the infrared spectra of carbon materials of “Destilacija” Company (process of development of new waste wood products)
- Visit to the Ethno Museum "Ljubačke doline" and the collection of minerals of this institution
Students of SP Chemistry, especially the third and fourth year, were socialising with her and trying to be good hosts to the intern. Some new friendships were made between young people and this exchange deepened at least a little, the understanding between the cultures of our two countries.